Thursday, April 19, 2012

SURREAL ART BY ALEX GARCIA

"I don't know what to label my art as because I don't know what it is. I don't control it. It keeps me awake at night and it doesn't let me sleep. I'll be falling asleep dreaming that I'm in a haunted house wandering the rooms and I'll see a painting hanging on the walls, I'll like the painting so much that it will shock me out of sleep and I'll immediately start sketching it out. Sometimes I don't even feel responsible for my art but rather like I'm just obeying orders from some unknown source. I haven't had any formal art training. I grew up poor as a child and didn't have much but always had pen and paper. I'd be cooped up in my room and would draw through the night. I contribute most of my influences to music, dreams, and random art I've seen as a child in catholic church. maybe thats why I paint what I paint. So much suffering and death painted delicately. So maybe somehow I was saved by Jesus, maybe if it wasn't for being influenced by catholic art I wouldn't have made it through gang violence and drugs... or maybe if I would have finished school I would be a working stiff... maybe drugs were my salvation. either way this is the result." - Alex Garcia








No comments:

Post a Comment